Noise issues of LM35 Temperature Sensor

Noise issues of LM35 Temperature Sensor
Noise issues of LM35 Temperature Sensor


Since the day I started Microcontroller programming , I have done many projects involving Temperature .Monitoring ,logging etc .At first I have used Digital sensors such as DS18B20 but in later projects I decided to use LM35 because of it's low price .So I have ordered 5pcs of LM35 sensors and after writing the code in assembly .The temperature readings are way out of range and inaccurate.
I looked into the datasheet and it's way off from the accuracy given in the datasheet .so after looking for solutions in the web such as adding filters to output of LM35 and Power supply lines, Supplying  power using a battery and sampling .I failed to get accurate readings.

So I thought there are some issues with the specific product batch .I decided to buy LM35 in local market .I was looking for a different batch number or version other than what I brought early (National Semiconductor 365EN / LM35DZ) . Fortunately i found Exactly what I'm looking for ,A different Number  (National Semiconductor 88AE / LM35DZ) . After soldering it and Using the very first code I written (Without sampling or noise filtering ) I was able to get a accurate and Stable reading .I was amazed .

I realized that the one with the noise and in accurate reading is a fake LM-35 sensor  .I'm Writing this to people who have issues with LM35 sensor readings to not to  waste your valuable time on Low quality or fake products .Don't trust Low priced eBay items .Try to buy items from the factory or from a trusted dealer .



post first image